Blessed is the one who does not walk in step with the wicked or stand in the way that sinners take or sit in the company of mockers, but whose delight is in the law of the Lord, and who meditates on his law day and night. That person is like a tree planted by streams of water, which yields its fruit in season and whose leaf does not wither — whatever they do prospers.
Let the word of Christ dwell in you richly, teaching and admonishing one another in all wisdom, singing psalms and hymns and spiritual songs, with thankfulness in your hearts to God.
Everyone is welcomed to participate regardless of age or at what stage your Christian life is. There is no pressure to participate. We want to grow as a family and encourage each other in reading God's Word. Don't give up. This is not a competition. There will be good days and bad days, persist no matter what happened the day or days before. If you miss some days, pick up from where you left it off. We can do this with the Lord's help!
All Are Welcome!
Devotion Guidelines: Step-By-Step
1. Every day, intentionally commit about 20 min - 30 min of unhurried, uninterrupted time with the Lord.
Tip: Use your cell phone's 'Do Not Disturb' feature if necessary to prevent distraction.
2. You are welcomed to use a physical Bible if you prefer, you just need a mobile device or a computer to access the devotions.
3. Start with a prayer and then read the Bible passages that come with the devotions but please refrain from reading the commentary
Tip: Do not select ‘Start Reading’ at the bottom or ‘Devotional’. This will bring up the commentary immediately. Instead, select the 1st Bible reference to bring up the Bible passage, then if there are additional Bible references, there will be a green arrow at the bottom of the page for you to go to the next reference.
4. Prayerfully ponder on the Bible passages, you may need to read them a few times. Allow the Holy Spirit to speak to you through the Bible passages.
5. Bookmark or highlight verses that stand out. Jot down notes on thoughts if necessary
6. Feel free to share out or ask questions using the 'Talk about It' feature.
7. Close this session in prayer
8. Meditate (ie ponder, muse) over scripture references you bookmarked or highlight throughout the day
Tip: The Bible app’s Bookmarks andHighlights features are wonderful ways you can refer to verses quickly anytime, anywhere with your mobile devices.
9. At the end of the day, commit 10 mins to recap, then read the commentary, end the day with prayer.